March 8, 2021: Public Health has updated the COVID Vaccine pre-registration form to include the rest of the Phase 1b groups and 1c eligible groups. These include:
- Grocery Store employees (1b, group 8)
- Medical conditions outlined in the update posted Feb, 22 (1b, group 9)
- USPS, UPS & Fed Ex employees (1b, group 9)
- Caregivers caring for a person who is at high risk of COVID-19 illness and CANNOT receive the vaccine
- Persons on the Wyoming Community Choices Waiver or the Developmental Disabilities Waiver (1b, group 8)
- Workforce service center employees, drivers license services employees, port of entry employees, parole & probation officers, veterinarians, court system employees, utility and communications employees that must go into private homes, non-law enforcement security officers that must have in-person close interactions, unable to physically distance and unable to provide services virtually, attorneys, judges, court personnel necessary for in-person criminal hearings or trials, custodial staff responsible for cleaning areas known to have been contaminated by people positive for COVID-19 (1b, group 10)
- Those ages 50-64 years
- Those with the following conditions: moderate to severe asthma, cerebrovascular disease, hypertension or high blood pressure, liver disease, overweight (BMI 25-30), pulmonary fibrosis, Thalessemia (1c, group 3)
- Essential critical workforce who are unable to physically distance or telework. These workers include: critical manufacturing, energy, legal, communications and information technology, financial services, chemical workers, other community or government based operations and essential functions, water and wastewater, transportation and logistics, law enforcement, public safety, other first responders, education, food & agriculture, public works and infrastructure support services, hygiene products and services, residential/shelter facilities, housing & real estate and related services, hazardous materials, healthcare and public health, commercial facilities, defense industrial base (1c, group 3)
- Those living in dormitories
February 22, 2021: The Wyoming Department of Health is opening up pre-registration for new subgroups within Phase 1b including:
- K-12 Education and other school district staff,
- Child Care Service and Adult Daycare Center Providers,
- Caregivers caring for a person who is at high risk of COVID-19 illness and CANNOT receive the vaccine,
- People with health conditions as outlined below:
- Those with: cancer (current diagnosis of cancer), chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (including emphysema, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, chronic bronchitis), solid organ transplant, sickle cell disease, down syndrome, pregnancy (WDH recommends that pregnant women discuss vaccination with their healthcare provider in advance).
- Those with: diabetes, heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease and cardiomyopathies), obesity (BMI over 30), immunocompromised state from solid organ transplant, blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, long term high dose corticosteroids, other other immune weakening medicines, severe neurologic conditions (including motor neuron disease, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, cerebral palsy, quadriplegia or hemiplegia, progressive cerebellar disease, epilepsy, stroke, and dementia).
- Fire, police, 911, correctional staff, search and rescue, other in person emergency response personnel
- Funeral Service Practitioners and in person employees necessary for funerals.
- In-person employees within congregate care or living settings such as group homes, halfway houses, homeless shelters, child and youth serving facilities
- People 70 years of age and older
- Healthcare providers, behavioral health providers, social workers unable to physically distance and unable to provide services through telehealth or virtually and healthcare facility surveyor/compliance evaluator and ombudsmen
- People ages 65-69 years
These categories have been added to our Google Sign up Form . This is a PRE REGISTRATION for these groups. If you qualify for these additional groups or any of the ones preceding them, you may sign up to be added to the contact list via the link above. We will then call and contact those on the list for our weekly scheduled off-site, Thursday COVID Vaccine Clinics. Please note that because of the size of our groups and recent vaccine shipment delays, it will take at minimum two or even three or more weeks before anyone newly signed up is contacted to schedule their 1st dose.
The Public Health offices are continuing to watch our scheduled shipments closely to ensure that we do not have to cancel anyone else scheduled for a dose 2 clinic. We however, cannot guarantee that it won't happen again. We receive shipments weekly and if weather conditions from the shipping hub are poor, the supplier will not ship the vaccine that week. This is entirely out of our control.
Those who we cancelled last week have been rescheduled to maintain a 6 week interval between dose 1 and dose 2. If a six week interval cannot be maintained, one does NOT have to re-start the series. There is currently little information on how much (if at all) efficacy wanes if one receives their second dose beyond the recommended 4 to 6 week interval.
February 1, 2021: The Wyoming Department of Health has just updated its Phase 1b subgroups to include those ages 65 and older. Please review the attached photos of the changes made. We are working in groups 1-4 of 1b and are still vaccinating Phase 1a members who are still signing up right now and will be contacting those who have signed up and who meet the priority group criteria.
Members of the K-12 Education staff subgroup can contact Star Valley Health to get on their list for COVID vaccinations as it will still be some time before Public Health can begin working in the other subgroups.
The existing Google sign up sheet has been updated to reflect the addition of the 65 and up age group and can be found on our COVID19 Information Page of this website. If you need assistance getting on the list please call us: 885-9598 (Afton) or 877-3780 (Kemmerer).
We are planning large weekly clinics to get through the list as quickly as possible. These clinics are appointment only and are generally held on Thursdays in Afton. We will call to schedule those appointments around Monday or Tuesday. If the person we are calling doesn't answer, we will not leave a voicemail. Our number usually comes up as Lincoln County Government and you may see it as 307-885-4700. We do not have time to leave voicemails and wait for people to call us back so if you see our number and wish to be scheduled for a COVID vaccine, please answer your phone. Kemmerer schedules certain days in the office for COVID vaccine clinics and the secretary from that office is also scheduling those appointments.
When we are able to start branching out into later subgroups, we will post that information on Facebook and on our website so please keep watching these sites for that change to occur.
Please continue to follow all current recommendations to avoid catching/spreading COVID-19. Thank you for your continued patience.
January 20, 2021: Public Health has scheduled and filled a clinic for the beginning of the Phase 1b, ages 70+ years and older subgroup. We are hoping to repeat these clinics at least weekly and are hoping to be able to schedule a larger amount of people from our list. If you have signed up on our list, we will be calling you soon to schedule your appointment. Public Health is coordinating with Star Valley Health and South Lincoln Hospital District to work on vaccinating other subgroups within the Phase 1b priority list. Please contact Star Valley Health (307-885-5852) about their sign up sheet for ages 70+ and contact South Lincoln Hospital District (307-877-4496) to sign up for COVID vaccines there. Broulim's Pharmacy in Afton also has COVID vaccines. Contact them: 307-885-5055 to find out how to sign up for vaccination.
We have still not received any instruction from the Wyoming Department of Health updating the 1b priority groups to include the 65+ years age group. At this moment due to the large number of interested people, we are only working on 70+ years of age.
January 14, 2021: Due to the overwhelming amount of responses to the COVID19 Phase 1b sign up sheet, we have to modify the sign up form to reflect Priority subgroup 3 (Ages 70+) only for right now. The information already collected for other subgroups within Phase 1b will remain on the list currently collected but please know that it will take some time to get through the first subgroup we have been tasked with immunizing.
We are also still waiting for the Wyoming Department of Health to reflect any changes the CDC has made to Phase 1b subgroups. This includes the possibility of adding people aged 65+. When that direction has been made available to us and when we have made some progress with our 70+ subgroup, we will make those changes to the sign up sheet to start adding those names to the list. Please keep watching the website and social media for these updates.
January 11, 2021: Public Health has made available a sign up form for our Phase 1b group members. Please review the Priority Groups list here and if you are a part of the Phase 1b groups, please use the sign up sheet to add your information to the list. If you need assistance with signing up, please contact us: 885-9598 (Afton) or 877-3780 (Kemmerer) and we can assist you with getting your names on the list.
This week we are continuing to immunize Phase 1a members. Once we are finished with Phase 1a, we will contact you to schedule you for an appointment.
The CDC has provided a brief definition of group 1c but we have not yet received guidance from the Wyoming Department of Health on this group. There is a large number of interested parties in Phase 1b and it is unknown at this time when we will begin the sign up process for 1c.
January 5, 2021: Public Health is working on Groups 8-13 this week. We are hoping to get to the end of the Phase 1a priority groups list. Some members of earlier groups of Phase 1a are starting to sign up as well. We're working on getting them incorporated into the schedule. We are also working on a method for vaccination sign up for our Phase 1b and 1c interested parties. It has not been finalized yet. We do not have a timeline for when we will begin vaccinating Phase 1b and 1c. Scheduling the vaccinations is a different procedure than our usual method of vaccination appointment scheduling. We only have the Moderna vaccine which can be stored at regular vaccine freezer temperatures but once a vial is opened, all 10 doses must be used within a 6 hour period or else those remaining doses get wasted. This is presenting a bit of a scheduling challenge as we have to be precise in our timing and that does not always work with everyone's schedules.
Thank you for your patience. We are working as fast as we possibly can.
December 31, 2020: Public Health has received information on Phase 1b Priority Groups. Please visit https://health.wyo.gov/publichealth/immunization/wyoming-covid-19-vaccine-information/ to access a detailed list on the 1b priority groups. Public Health is continuing to work through the remaining groups on the Phase 1a Priority Group list. Group 7 was vaccinated today and members of the remaining groups are in the process of signing up. We are working to get them scheduled and vaccinated. Please keep checking back for updates on our supply and what groups we are working on.
December 29, 2020: Public Health has received its first shipment of COVID-19 vaccines (Moderna vaccines, specifically) and is administering its first doses to Groups 2 and 3 of the Phase 1a priority list. Group 2 has been scheduled and part of Group 3 was completed today.
Group 7 will be the next in line. We will update this page as more vaccine arrives and more groups are completed on the list. Stay tuned to this section and/or our Facebook page for more up to date vaccine information.
Because vaccine supply will be limited at first, a Phase 1a priority list has been made available on the Wyoming Department of Health website and these priority groups will be offered the vaccine first.
Once more supply arrives and priority groups are opened up, we will share information with the public on our supply and who is eligible to receive the vaccine and when. Please continue to check back on this site and our Facebook page for updates on our vaccine supply.
In the meantime, please continue to follow the recommendations of wearing a face covering in public settings, social distancing, frequent handwashing, and staying home when ill.
- Getting vaccinated will be free and is not mandatory.
- Two doses are needed to get the most protection the vaccine has to offer
Para informacion sobre la vacuna en espanol, haz click aqui. Estamos trabajando con los primeros grupos ahora y luego vamos a ofrecer la vacuna a personas del grupo 1b. Puedes encontrar informacion sobre la vacuna de Moderna aqui.
Please find a copy of the Moderna EUA information sheet for vaccine recipients here.
Please find a copy of the Pfizer EUA information sheet for vaccine recipients here.
Please find a copy of the COVID-19 Vaccine Consent form here.
Visit the V-Safe After Vaccination Health Checker website for more information on how to use V-Safe to report any side effects quickly to the CDC. This application also functions as a reminder to get the booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.